For Emergencies Call 911 if you can, text if you can’t!
The Shippingport Borough Police Department is committed to working closely with the community to effectively ensure the safety and quality of life of the citizens and visitors of Shippingport.
The mission of the Shippingport Borough Police Department is to reduce crime and contribute to the safety of those we are sworn to serve and protect through collaboration with our community. We will strive to be the most professional police organization, serving with honor and integrity.
The core values the Shippingport Police Department define our commitment to excellence in the performance of our duties:
- Chief of Police – David W. McGee Jr.
- Patrolmen – Paul Boustead
- Patrolmen – Ronald Lutton
P.O. Box 76
Shippingport, PA 15077
Drug Return and Unused Medication Disposal
Citizens looking to dispose of excess and expired prescriptions and over-the-counter medications can now visit the safe and secure Drug Disposal Box, located in the lobby of the Shippingport Borough Building.
Drugs can be dropped off with no questions asked.
When disposing drugs at the Box
- drugs need to be in a sealed container, such as the original bottle or a zip-lock bag.
- liquid pharmaceuticals should remain in the original container
- personal information should be removed or blotted out with a permanent marker
- prescription and over-the-counter solid medication
- tablets and capsules
- pet medicines
Items Not Accepted
- intravenous solutions
- injectables, such as, syringes or needles No EpiPens
- hydrogen peroxide
- asthma inhalers
- iodine – containing medication
- alcohol & illicit drugs (marijuana, heroin, LSD, etc)